1. Someone wants you. Conceived you. Is waiting.
2. There is a very thin boundary between you and what nourishes you, embeds you, becomes you.
3. There is no coming to life without pain, no awakening without surrender, no struggle without hope.
4. Through the valley of the shadow of death, Red Sea, gaping tomb, birth canal, life draws you, knowing.
5. Let the Beloved push you out of her into her lap. It is with love that she lets you go.
6. Breathe in. Breathe out.
7. Shed the sac of all the awful things. Let the cord of your shame and suffering be severed. Each breath, you are delivered into the new world.
8. Beneath the slime you are beautiful. You are new. Allow yourself, naked, flawed and bewildered, to be perfect, to be held, to be adored.
9. In this moment, the Holy One gives you life. The Holy One alone. Stay here.
10. Breathe in. Breathe out.
11. Each moment her sweet umbilical breath. Receive this life, and bear her love into this day.
12. Breathe in. Breathe out.
__________________ Steve Garnaas-Holmes Unfolding Light www.unfoldinglight.net
To receive Unfolding Light as a daily e-mail, write to me at unfoldinglight8(at)hotmail.com